Ancient Holistic wisdom: Lung health
- Oxygenated breathing techniques
- Reducing stress and eliminating toxins
- Eating foods that are nourishing to the lungs
Practicing these fundamentals, in combination with other strategies, could improve the health of your lungs and increase your capacity to breathe comfortably.
Follow these tips and breathe easy, knowing you are strengthening your body with every oxygenated breath!
1. Stop smoking
2. Bump up the antioxidants
- Fatty fish
Add these foods to your diet, and look forward to stronger lungs with each meal.
4. Get your vaccines up to date
5. Improve indoor air quality
- Clean carpets and other surfaces in your home regularly
- Use cleaning products that are biodegradable and natural
- Use an indoor air filter to purify and remove airborne pollutants such as pollen, dust, mold, etc.
The cleaner you breathe, the healthier your lungs will be.
6. Consider acupuncture
7. Practice yoga and meditation
8. Take strategic supplements
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Vitamins D and E
- Eucalyptus oil (used in a humidifier for cleansing effects)
A naturopath or Ayurvedic practitioner can offer numerous other suggestions for herbs and other natural substances that can work to improve lung health.
Hi, my name is Rebecca and I am the face behind Everything Abode! I am a home and lifestyle writer based out of Vancouver Island. When I’m not writing or exploring mountains and beaches with my furry rescue, I love spending time learning creative ways to manifest a healthy home. Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to Get the Tools That Make My Blog Successful!
When you join my newsletter, I'm going to send you insider advice and tools that I use to grow my blog! I only save the BEST for my email list so don't wait!