Confidence really is key in life.
We need to love ourselves to truly love other people around us. We also need to have a little bit of confidence to move forward professionally in life.
However, it can be difficult at times. It can seem as though others who are confident just have it out of pure luck, but that really isn’t the case at all.
Here are 25 powerful self-worth quotes to help you love yourself more so you can be your most beautiful confident self again!
Are you lacking self-love about your appearance? Check out How to feel better about your appearance here!
1. “I was just me, but that was enough.” ― Amy Koto.
To demonstrate self-love, we need to know that we are enough just as we are.
2. “If everyone else around you is worthy of care and attention, then so are you.” ― Dee Waldeck.
Many people fight to help others but don’t show themselves the same love. Show yourself the same love you would show the other people in your life.
3. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz.
If you don’t have love for yourself, it will only make life more difficult for yourself. Let the ‘break’ down and drive toward your destination.
4. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand.
Some people claim to know their self-worth but really only mask insecurities. Learn the difference between real self-love and putting on a show for other people.
5. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
The world likes to tell people who to be. You need to appreciate yourself so much that you can fight those forces and be who you were meant to be.
6. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot.
After a certain age, some people still have poor self-esteem. It’s important to remember that we can learn to be our own true friend at absolutely any age. Even people who struggled with these issues for their entire life can learn how to make a change.
7. “Make a pledge to yourself right now, to declare that you are worth your time and energy.” ― Deborah Day.
Sometimes you need to make a promise to do things for yourself and put yourself first. Make this a point. After you put yourself first, you’ll be able to focus on the other things.
8. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde.
You may have trouble in love, but you will still have a lifelong romance as long as you commit to yourself for the rest of your life.
9. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp.
Johnny Depp is one of the weirdest actors out there, so it’s not a surprise that he encourages other people to be just as weird. The weirdness is what makes us unique and special. That means we really should embrace it.
10. “Self-worth equals net worth.” ― Suze Orman.
If you want to be successful in business, you need to have faith in yourself and your abilities.
11. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James.
Some people feel insignificant in a big world. We may not realize that the things we do touch other people in very real ways.
12. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” – Tyra Banks.
It’s foolish to put too much worth into your appearance. Appearances will fade. You need to include your personality and intelligence when you think about your worth. Otherwise, you will be disappointed when the time starts to take its toll.
13. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ― Shannon L. Alder.
Your parents, your friends, your partner may have certain expectations for you. However, you need to trust yourself enough for you to make the right decisions for you and do what you want for your life.
14. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
Too many people care about what other people think of them. The important thing isn’t what other people think of you but what you think of yourself. The other people can get on board. Or not.
15. “It’s the people who feel strong and good about themselves who are best able to accept outside difference – their own and others!” – Fred Rogers.
Loving yourself gives you the ability to love others. This is something lacking in the world that makes this quality more important than many people realize.
16. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
You have power over how you feel about yourself. Use this power. When someone doesn’t like you or makes you feel bad, just don’t allow yourself to be affected. It may take time to learn how to control your emotions, but, with practice, you won’t let anyone bring you down.
17. “A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.” – Ken Keyes.
Loving yourself helps you live in a world filled with love. It also helps the other people in your world love you and you love them back. Spread the love.
18. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller.
You need to be confident to face the world head-on. If you aren’t comfortable holding your head up high, fake it until you make it. Soon, your head will hold itself up on its own.
19. “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally, it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” – Queen Latifah.
No matter what your body looks like, you should love how you look just as you are. This will help you appreciate your insides as well.
20. “Never underestimate the fact that loving others is a choice but loving yourself is a responsibility.” ― Germany Kent.
Some people don’t realize that we have a duty to love ourselves. It’s not something we can just put off. It’s like taking the garbage out or doing laundry- it’s something we absolutely have to do.
21. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball.
Confidence is key. Without confidence, you will question yourself and your relationships. To succeed professionally and personally, you simply need to show yourself the love you deserve.
22. “It is not virtuous to be victimized by a bully, even if that bully is oneself.”
― Jordan B. Peterson.
Some people feel like it gives them character for someone to hurt them. These people almost want to be attacked. They may even do it to themselves. This does not do anything.
23. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey.
You like what you like. You want to do with your life what you want to do with your life. Just go for it. the people who truly love you will understand.
24. “May you choose yourself, always!” ― Malebo Sephodi.
You need to be able to choose yourself before other people. Think about what they say on a plane- you need to give yourself oxygen before you give it to a child. This is because you can’t love others without first loving yourself.
25. “I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” – Walt Whitman.
Transcendentalist poet Walt Whitman was known for his radical ideas. However, this one was rather simple in nature. We should celebrate ourselves. And sing!
These 25 quotes about self-worth are here to help give you that boost when you need it. Look in the mirror, remember what an amazing person you are, and sing.
Check out, How to Do a 30 Day Happiness Challenge for Mental Health Awareness Month, next!
Hi, my name is Rebecca and I am the face behind Everything Abode! I am a lifestyle and wellness writer based out of Vancouver Island. When I’m not writing or exploring mountains and beaches with my furry rescue, I love spending time learning creative ways to manifest a healthy home. Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to Get the Tools That Make My Blog Successful!
When you join my newsletter, I'm going to send you insider advice and tools that I use to grow my blog! I only save the BEST for my email list so don't wait!