Self worth is vital to living the best life you possibly can. Here are 47 self worth quotes to have you looking at your inner worth with a little more love.
Self worth really is key in life. Self worth is having the utmost respect for yourself when no one else can provide it for you.
We need self worth to love ourselves and to truly love other people around us.
We also need self worth to have a little bit of confidence to move forward professionally in life.
However, it can be difficult at times. It can seem as though others who have self worth and confidence just have it out of pure luck, but that really isn’t the case at all.
Here are 47 powerful and inspirational self worth quotes to help you love yourself more so you can be your most beautiful confident self again!
Why is self worth so important?
These self worth quotes will remind and inspire you of how important it is to think of yourself as your number one.
Self worth quotes also help you love yourself.
Don’t forget that the power of achieving a well balanced self-esteem will take you so much further in life.
A strong sense of self worth and a strong sense of self love is the result of having a higher self esteem.
All of which are essential for looking after your mental health.
Besides, life is so much better when you are confident and live each day being true to who you are and true to yourself.
Sometimes, however, this can be a difficult task and that’s why reading self worth quotes will help you love yourself as you are.
It is also important to remember how important it is for you to love yourself and prioritize your needs.
This is why these inspirational self worth quotes will help you be happier and create a life that you love.
- 7 Powerful Self Care Ideas to Treat Burnout
- 9 Things You Should Always Do Before Bed
- How to Do a 30-Day Mental Health Challenge
47 Inspirational Self Worth Quotes to Love Yourself Again
1. “I was just me, but that was enough.” ― Amy Koto.
To demonstrate self love, we need to know that we are enough just as we are.
2. “If everyone else around you is worthy of care and attention, then so are you.” ― Dee Waldeck.
Many people fight to help others but don’t show themselves the same love. Show yourself the same love you would show the other people in your life.
3. “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz.
If you don’t have a love for yourself, it will only make life more difficult for you. Let the ‘break’ down and drive toward your destination with a bit more ease.
4. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand.
Some people claim to know their self worth but really only mask insecurities. Learn the difference between real self love and putting on a show for other people.
5. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
The world likes to tell people who to be. You need to appreciate yourself so much that you can fight those forces and be who you were meant to be.
6. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot.
After a certain age, some people still have poor self-esteem.
It’s important to remember that we can learn to be our own true friend at absolutely any age. Even people who struggled with these issues for their entire life can learn how to make a change.
7. “Make a pledge to yourself right now, to declare that you are worth your time and energy.” ― Deborah Day.
Sometimes you need to make a promise to do things for yourself and put yourself first. Make this a point. After you put yourself first, you’ll be able to focus on the other things.
8. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde.
You may have trouble in love, but you will still have a lifelong romance as long as you commit to yourself for the rest of your life.
9. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp.
Johnny Depp is one of the weirdest actors out there, so it’s not a surprise that he encourages other people to be just as weird.
The weirdness is what makes us unique and special. That means we really should embrace it.
10. “Self worth equals net worth.” ― Suze Orman.
If you want to be successful in business, you need to have faith in yourself and your abilities.
11. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James.
Some people feel insignificant in a big world. We may not realize that the things we do touch other people in very real ways.
12. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” – Tyra Banks.
It’s foolish to put too much worth into your appearance.
Appearances will fade. You need to include your personality and intelligence when you think about your worth.
Otherwise, you will be disappointed when the time starts to take its toll.
13. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ― Shannon L. Alder.
Your parents, your friends, your partner may have certain expectations for you.
However, you need to trust yourself enough for you to make the right decisions for yourself and do what you want for your life.
14. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
Too many people care about what other people think of them. The important thing isn’t what other people think of you but what you think of yourself. The other people can get on board. Or not.
15. “It’s the people who feel strong and good about themselves who are best able to accept outside difference – their own and others!” – Fred Rogers.
Loving yourself gives you the ability to love others. This is something lacking in the world that makes this quality more important than many people realize.
16. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
You have power over how you feel about yourself. Use this power. When someone doesn’t like you or makes you feel bad, just don’t allow yourself to be affected.
It may take time to learn how to control your emotions, but, with practice, you won’t let anyone bring you down.
17. “A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.” – Ken Keyes.
Loving yourself helps you live in a world filled with love. It also helps the other people in your world love you and you love them back. Spread the love.
18. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller.
You need to be confident to face the world head-on. If you aren’t comfortable holding your head up high, fake it until you make it. Soon, your head will hold itself up on its own.
19. “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally, it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” – Queen Latifah.
No matter what your body looks like, you should love how you look just as you are. This will help you appreciate your insides as well.
20. “Never underestimate the fact that loving others is a choice but loving yourself is a responsibility.” ― Germany Kent.
Some people don’t realize that we have a duty to love ourselves. It’s not something we can just put off. It’s like taking the garbage out or doing laundry- it’s something we absolutely have to do.
21. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball.
Confidence is key. Without confidence, you will question yourself and your relationships. To succeed professionally and personally, you simply need to show yourself the love you deserve.
22. “It is not virtuous to be victimized by a bully, even if that bully is oneself.” ― Jordan B. Peterson.
Some people feel like it gives them character for someone to hurt them. These people almost want to be attacked. They may even do it to themselves. This does not do anything.
23. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey.
You like what you like. You want to do with your life what you want to do with your life. Just go for it. the people who truly love you will understand.
24. “May you choose yourself, always!” ― Malebo Sephodi.
You need to be able to choose yourself before other people. Think about what they say on a plane- you need to give yourself oxygen before you give it to a child.
This is because you can’t love others without first loving yourself.
25. “I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” – Walt Whitman.
Transcendentalist poet Walt Whitman was known for his radical ideas. However, this one was rather simple in nature. We should celebrate ourselves. And sing!
More inspiring self worth quotes and sayings:
26. “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” — Anaïs Nin
27. “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worth the trip.” — Glenn Beck
28. “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” — André Gide
29. “Self–care is never a selfish act; it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” — Parker Palmer
30. “Be an Encourager: When you encourage others, you boost their self-esteem, enhance their self-confidence, make them work harder, lift their spirits and make them successful in their endeavors. Encouragement goes straight to the heart and is always available. Be an encourager. Always.” — Roy T. Bennett
31. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” — Katrina Mayer
32. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” — Dolly Parton
33. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” — T. Harv Eker
34. “I used to hate feeling embarrassed but then I realized, nobody’s watching and nobody gives a damn.” — Barbara Corcoran
35. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
36. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James
37. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Coco Chanel
38. “Live from the heart of yourself. Seek to be whole, not perfect.” — Oprah Winfrey
39. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” — Lao Tzu
40. “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” — Rob Liano
41. “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.” — Zen Shin
42. ”If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” — Wayne Dyer
43. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” — Katrina Mayer
44. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
45. “Self–worth is so vital to your happiness if you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else.” — Sandy Hale
46. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” — Jean Shinoda Bolen
47. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” — Marilyn Monroe
These 47 quotes celebrating self worth are here to help give you that extra boost when you need it.
Look in the mirror, remember what an amazing person you are, and sing!
Check out, How to Do a 30 Day Happiness Challenge for Mental Health Awareness Month, next!
You may also like…
- 33 Journal Prompts For Self-Discovery In The New Year
- How to Start a New Life with a Negative Past
- 6 Ways To Be Mentally Strong & Fearless In Life
- How to Wake Up Early Without Feeling Depressed
- 7 Daily Habits to Help Boost Your Mood
- 12 Things Every Woman Needs To Stop Apologizing For
Hi welcome! Everything Abode’s mission is to instill an appreciation for your home life through lifestyle tips, home decor, and everything else you do at home. Your home should be enjoyable and comfortable and we appreciate you stopping by!
Subscribe to Get the Tools That Make My Blog Successful!
When you join my newsletter, I'm going to send you insider advice and tools that I use to grow my blog! I only save the BEST for my email list so don't wait!