Self discovery journal prompts are a great way to get the self-reflection you need to create lasting change. Here are 33 self-discovery journal prompts for 2022.
For real self-discovery, we all need a bit of self-reflection…
Moreover, certain journal prompts for self-discovery are exactly how to do it!
Self-reflection can access, analyze, and direct us on what we are currently doing right so that we can be the awesome co-creators we want to be for our future selves!
Not only that but powerful self-discovery journal prompts are the name of the game when it comes to personal self-improvement and development.
Because to really see what we’re doing well, we also have to see what isn’t serving our highest good.
This way, we can produce better outcomes and create a life to be most proud of!
However, in order to analyze and dig a little deeper for these answers, you will need a good set of self-discovery journal prompts.
Specifically prompts that will help you analyze how the past year has gone (in this case, 2021, being one of the most questionable years to date), and where you’ll be headed in 2022.
Besides, getting retrospective like this with a good set of journal prompts for self-discovery is all about making the new year the best it can possibly be for yourself!
Here are 33 journal prompts for self-discovery paired with a goal-setting challenge for 2022.
- 5 Rules to Create a Self-Care Routine That Actually Sticks
- 6 Habits You Really Need to Avoid Doing in the Morning
- 14 Powerful Ways to Create the Perfect Self-Care Sunday
33 Journal Prompts For Self-discovery
Two things to consider before journaling:
Before you discover what needs to change in order for you to accomplish your wildest dreams and goals because the answers are all within…
There are a few things you can do to answer your self-discovery journal prompts well, they are:
1. Be extremely detailed.
One of the cardinal rules to making any dream become a reality is to know exactly what you want in life.
When you are trying to achieve almost anything in life (be it a dream or goal), the more you know about what you’re striving for, the easier it’ll be to achieve.
So how can you simplify a dream?
Here’s an example of this; Let’s say you want to travel more (which is a great goal to have!).
Well, it’s awesome to want to travel more, however, where would you choose to go and when? How will you be able to pay for your travels? What job would you likely need in order to be able to travel for long periods of time?
When you break it down like this (by choosing a destination rather than having a wish) and coming up with creative ideas to travel long term with other things things that you will need in order to travel more, it creates a narrower vision for your life.
When you have a narrower and extremely detailed vision of what you want in life, it makes turning the “I want to travel more” goal into a tangible goal that you can bring to life!
Not only that but thinking this way for all of your goals will help you achieve any goal you set for yourself.
2. Go with the rhythm but don’t force things.
Another cardinal rule to making any dream become a reality is to never ever force things!
And being totally honest here, some of these prompts might not strike a chord with you and that’s okay too.
If that happens, feel free to leave or skip them.
Moreover, you may also find that your mind may take you down an entirely different direction as you respond to these self-discovery journal prompts — and that’s also a good thing!
If that happens, let your mind wander because you may be onto something very profound that you’ve never even thought of before!
Now let’s start reflecting on the past year with a few journal prompts that prompt a little self-reflection.
Reflecting on the past year Journal Prompts.
1. My most happiest and favorite moment was __________.
2. My biggest hurdle and challenge was __________.
3. The biggest surprise and aha moment for me was __________.
4. I learned an incredible lesson this year, it was __________.
5. Regrets are lessons, and my biggest regret this year was __________.
6. Accomplishing this milestone, made me feel __________.
7. I feel happy about __________.
8. My self care activities this year were __________.
9. I wasted time/energy on __________.
10. I liked ____________ in 2021 and would like to do more of it in 2022 by __________.
11. The biggest lesson I learned was __________.
12. I was most grateful for __________.
Looking ahead to the new you in the New Year Journal Prompts.
13. I’m most excited about this for 2022, __________.
14. I envision and plan to __________.
15. Some things that worry me about the new year, that I would like to change are __________.
16. My emergency back p plan when things don’t work out will be __________.
17. My main wish for 2022 is __________.
18. My whole intention and the main goal for this year will be __________.
19. My self care for 2022 will look like __________.
20. Every day I plan to create a habit that sticks like __________.
21. This year I want to do more things such as __________.
22. I will give and help others this year by __________.
23. I will learn more of this skill by __________.
Journal Prompts to Help You turn your big dreams into tangible goals.
Now it’s time to take all of your ambitions from the previous prompts above and make them something you can immediately start preparing for.
Moreover, if you have a clear picture of the kind of life you want in your mind’s eye and the kind of year that will help you get there, you’re in the right headspace to turn those ideas into practice.
24. What will I need to do in 2022 to get me closer to my ideal future?
25. How do I see myself next year in December?
26. What does 2022 look like and how can I begin to live this life right now?
27. What have I accomplished, and if I had it my way, what would I accomplish in 2022?
28. What makes me the happiest?
29. What genuinely brings me joy?
30. How can I do more things that bring me joy in the New Year?
31. What passions of mine make time just go by so quickly?
32. If I wasn’t worried about time or money, what would I do, be, or have?
33. What kind of person am I and what does my ideal life look like?
Reimagine journaling with journal prompts books
If you are looking for more inspiration, look no further because I have found the three perfect self-discovery journal prompt journals that you will just love.
Take a look!
1. The Year of You: 365 Journal Writing Prompts for Creative Self-Discovery.
Would you like more journal prompts like the ones above?
If so, I invite you to look at The Year of You: 365 Journal Writing Prompts for Creative Self-Discovery, especially if you would like to get additional journaling inspiration on a daily basis.
This journal prompt book will allow you to reimagine journaling so you can easily discover and unload the most important areas of life and wellbeing for each day out of the year.
Every month, the emphasis will focus on an important area of your life including your own roles, connections, relationships, money, career, and more!
You can get it on Amazon in both eBook and Paperback to either physically write in or take with you on your phone.
Also, the paperback edition is a great gift to a loved one or for yourself!
The Year of You: 365 Journal Writing Prompts for Creative Self-Discovery
Another great journal prompt journal that comes with attentive journaling and lasting and unforgettable benefits, so that journaling can become simple, pleasant, and efficient is The 365 Self-Discovery Journal.
The day-to-day guided questions in this journal will enable you to safely explore your next best form in connection, income, independence, health, career, and personal development.
This well-designed guided journal also is the perfect purchase for those who seek an uplifting book for everyday use because it is jam-packed with inspiring quotes to inspire you!
The 365 Self-Discovery Journal.
One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book could also be another great alternative to house all of your daily ideas for your self-discovery (for the next 5 years)!
All you need to do is fill out one line a day!
Plus, if you would like to start small to get used to what journaling is all about, this journal is a simple yet practical approach for beginners.
One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
There you have it!
These self-discovery journal prompts can help you narrow down your desires and make them more achievable.
Not only that but you can also create the life you desire and manifest your goals faster by answering a few simple self-discovery journal prompts daily.
Thank you for reading!
Check out, 6 Habits That Will Help You Be More Mindful at Home, next!
You may also like:
- How to Set Intentions for the Day – 10 Easy Steps
- 11 Habits of Highly Successful People
- 10 Brilliant Ways to Master Self Discipline
- How to Stop Being Miserable & Start Feeling Happy
- 12 Things You Should Probably Do Every Single Day
- 11 Financial Habits of Successful Women
Self discovery journal prompts
Hi welcome! Everything Abode’s mission is to instill an appreciation for your home life through lifestyle tips, home decor, and everything else you do at home. Your home should be enjoyable and comfortable and we appreciate you stopping by!
Subscribe to Get the Tools That Make My Blog Successful!
When you join my newsletter, I'm going to send you insider advice and tools that I use to grow my blog! I only save the BEST for my email list so don't wait!