Are you ready to take better care of yourself with a little self-care?
When it comes to having true self-care (which is wanting the best for ourselves and for others), the easiest way to do that is to learn how to take care of ourselves first.
When we take the time to take care of our needs and ourselves first, that’s when self-care can play a VITAL role in our own emotional wellness and health.
On the contrary, if we don’t take care of ourselves first, then we simply cannot give more energy to others and that is why self-care is so important!
Self-care is about taking the right actions to help shape respectable habits, that put our very basic needs first.
If you do little acts of self-care each week, you will be well on your way to living a healthy and stress-free enhanced lifestyle!
So are excited about putting yourself first today?
Let’s go beyond your normal day-to-day activities to help lift your mind, body, and spirit with these 34 little acts of self-care!
- 9 Powerful Self-Care Ideas to Treat Burnout
- 9 Things You Should Always Do Before Bed
- 15 Best Productivity Tips for Working from Home
What is true self-care?
First, before we head into the self-care list, a lot of people think that when it comes to doing self-care that the only way to do it is by getting pedicures, having expensive facials, or partaking in costly indoor hobbies.
And although all of these are great starting points to achieve a great self-care routine, going a bit further, you must know that self-care has nothing to do with the cost of having things, doing expensive things, or having money at all!
In fact, self-care is not about living a lifestyle that abides by your selfish impulses either.
The main purpose of self-care is to restore your energy. That’s it!
Self-care is about refilling your cup, so you don’t burn the candle at both ends and get burned out.
And it’s also about putting your needs first (not your wants) so you can feel fully nourished at an even deeper level.
To achieve this all you need are some easy self-care practices that’ll cost you next to nothing!
Partaking in small healthy self care practices (each day) will help you better thrive in this busy, social, and complicated world we live in!
How to choose a self-care activity for a beginner!
When it comes to generating a self-care routine that sticks, start by choosing activities that most resonate with you.
You’ll know you picked right when doing it brings you a smile, makes you feel extra good, and is easy to insert into your day-to-day routine.
Also, know that practicing self-care is really just about doing the little things that will bring you a little extra delight throughout each day.
Anything you choose to do will be well worth the effort.
Remember, all you have to do is insert ONE of these self-care ideas into your day-to-day routine and you’ll be well on your way to living a more self-loving and healthier lifestyle.
Now, let’s take a look at these extremely easy-to-do self-care ideas to help you take better care of yourself starting today!
34 Daily Self-Care Ideas to Take Better Care of Yourself
1. Recognize the habits and actions that make you feel the best.
Write them down! Becoming aware of your best habits is the first step toward attaining a healthier self-care routine. You should check out these habits to avoid in the mornings too!
2. Find a quiet and happy place to practice meditation for 10 minutes.
You can even read some of the benefits of meditating for 30 days here!
3. Read your favorite book again!
4. Avoid toxic people at all times. It’s not doing you and your heart any good.
5. Watch shows that are humorous and that leave you feeling more relaxed.
Here are a few inspirational Netflix shows for you created just for that!
6. Take time away from others to relax.
It’s okay to be alone with your thoughts. I also wrote how loneliness can actually be a good thing here!
7. Try to maintain a regular sleep schedule.
You may not think sleep is a form of self-care but it is! Sleep is important for our overall health and happiness.
So if you happen to need help forming better sleeping habits, try these bedtime night rituals here to help you prep for great sleep. Then take a look at these 14 ways to fall asleep fast to get a full night of great slumber.
8. Wear clothes that represent you.
Clothes that are clean, comfortable, and that make you feel really good are always going to help you feel better. If you want to learn how to save your clothing and keep them for longer? Give this article a read here!
9. Light a candle or your diffuser and make your home smell fresh and gorgeous today.
10. Take a hot bubble bath.
Don’t forget to complete it with candles and calming music.
11. Write down a list of things that you are the most grateful for. Just 5 will do to start.
12. Spend time outside and breathe in the fresh air (p.s the SweatCoin App really helps you get outside!)
13. Don’t force yourself to do something you really don’t like doing.
First off, when it comes to saying no, know that it’s okay to say NO!
In fact, there are many things you should say no to and never apologize for, and here’s a list of 12 things all women should stop apologizing for to help you discover what you need to stop saying yes to and to help you stop feeling guilty!
14. Unplug yourself from social media for a couple of hours. See how you feel when you do!
15. Pet or cuddle an animal or play with your pet.
If you are lucky enough to have a cute little fur baby at home with you, play with them and lift up both of your moods!
16. Prepare a meal plan so you can start eating your meals mindfully.
Maybe that includes less snacking at night? Try to be open to what mindfulness really is and see how it affects your perspective on food.
17. Watch your favorite TV show from childhood. It’s extremely nostalgic! I wish I had a list for this for you but I don’t!
18. Take a nap.
19. Remind yourself that your pain or struggle with time will pass… Repeat the mantra “This too shall pass!”.
20. Enjoy a quiet cup of tea.
Tea has a simple way of making life feel soothing and comfortable, especially for those moments and days when we need it most.
21. Communicate your emotional needs to the person that’s the closest to you.
One of the best forms of self-care is having deep and meaningful conversations that work towards a positive outcome.
Get inquisitive, ask questions, and answer some journal prompts like these self-discovery journal prompts listed for you here!
23. Hydrate yourself, if you are forgetful with drinking your daily 8 glasses of water each day.
24. Catch up on all your important appointments today.
Doctor’s appointments, dental appointments, updating driver licenses or passports are all forms of self-care if you’ve been putting them off for a while.
25. Avoid the vices that bring you down to a terrible slump.
If alcohol, drugs, or emotional eating are a problem for you? Seek professional help if you can’t stop on your own. But if you need some innovative ways to break some of your habits today? Here are 11 unique ways to break bad habits that you’ve probably never heard of before. They really work!
26. Apply logical reason over-emotional reactions and try to practice this consciously with something today.
What if today you decided to not react a certain way towards someone or something that has been bothering you for quite some time? If you know what it is, give it a shot and see how confident and in control of your life you really are.
27. Give yourself a pedicure and manicure today.
While you are at it, don’t forget to follow this home manicure guide for a little extra self-care beauty help!
Here are more home self-care ideas:
- 14 Self-Care Sunday Ideas To Take Better Care Of Yourself
- How To Do A 30 Day Happiness Challenge For Your Mental Health
- 15 Ways To Mentally Prepare For The Week Ahead
28. Order in dinner.
It doesn’t have to be much, just a little treat if you are feeling down or if you need something out of your normal eating routine to help give you just a little uplifting and nourishment.
29. Have a 20-minute stretching session.
Stretch and feel those muscles expand. You’ll be surprised as to how many parts of your body that need to release tension.
30. Watch the sunset.
Take it in and just watch — Sunsets have this magical way of making your problems feel so much smaller than they seem to be.
31. Take yourself to your favorite coffee shop and indulge in your most favorite drink.
If circumstances won’t allow it, try to recreate your favorite drink at home!
32. Take the time to make your hair and makeup look extra special today.
Looking sharp for no other reason than that is a great way to uplift your mood and make you feel better. Besides, there should be no other reason to look great than for yourself and yourself alone.
33. Do something crafty and hands-on.
Sculpt, knit, sew. You can even make something that has the potential to make you some extra cash. Whatever you choose to do, know that getting creative is always a great way to spend your time at home.
34. Remember, self-care is vital in order to live a more happy and fulfilled life.
There’s no other reason for self-care than to help you feel better. That’s it! Keep experimenting and trying new things and your life will be full of hope and magic that self-care can bring us all!
There you have it. These easy self-care ways to take better care of yourself today!
Try to remember that self-care doesn’t make you vain or selfish while you are in the process of treating yourself.
When you are thinking about your own needs and meeting them first, that is truly what self-care is all about.
Practicing self-care will also make you stronger and happier and is a very healthy act of showing yourself more compassion and self-love.
Do you need some more self-care ideas? Check out these 50 Self-Care Tips for the Mind, Body & Soul, next!
You may also like:
- 7 Ways to Rid Yourself of Negative & Toxic People
- 7 Habits of Women Who Age Slowly
- 8 Best Productivity Tips for Working from Home To Get Work Done
- 8 Habits of Women Who Always Stay Attractive
- 8 Proven Ways to Beat the Winter Blues
- How to Wake Up Feeling Totally Alert with Extra Energy
Author: Everything Abode
Welcome to Everything Abode, your daily inspiration for every activity at home!
Our goal is to inspire you to live an elegant and chic lifestyle from the comfort of your home.
We’ll help you express yourself through authentic style, aesthetic beauty, and stylish home decor.
Subscribe to Get the Tools That Make My Blog Successful!
When you join my newsletter, I'm going to send you insider advice and tools that I use to grow my blog! I only save the BEST for my email list so don't wait!